- Free agents wary of the the Dodgers, via Scoop Du Jour:
Agent Scott Boras, who has a front-row seat at Dodger Stadium, agreed that the team could be a tough draw to prospective free agents this offseason: "What visiting players are saying to me is, 'It's different.' That spreads around the league," he said, the Times reports. "L.A. was always a place where there were 40,000 fans in the stands. The Dodgers were always one of the top-five teams in spending. In the player community, both of those dynamics have changed. Players are shocked by it."
- Dodgers television ratings are down, via Sports Business Journal.
- Listen to a SABR 41 convention talk between current and former Baseball GM's, here. Dodger GM's Fred Claire, Dan Evans and current Padres GM Jed Hoyer are included.
- Here is another SABR 41 talk with Former Dodgers Tommy Davis and Al Ferrara. Listen to a recording here.
- Here is Scott Boras's keynote speech from the SABR 41 convention, here.
- Ducksnorts writes about his experience at the SABR convention in Long Beach recently.
- Check out this great story about Dodgers peanut vendor Ronnie Nelson at the LA Times. He is 80 years old, and has been hawking peanuts for 53 years.
- Dodgers Nation puts together the top 5 Vin Scully moments.
- Check out this list of the Southland Baseball All-Star team put together at the SABR 41 convention, here. Something I did not realize- no other state in the union has produced more Major Leaguers than California.
- Former Dodger Wes Parker was at the SABR 41 convention. Check out this video below. (From the SABR website)