- Forbes tells us that MLB is charging the Dodgers twice the rate they charged the Rangers.
- Check out Clayton Kershaw on twitter at @KershawsChallenge. (I don't think it's really him, but a marketing arm for his charities)
- Night Owl Cards shows off his recently completed 1972 Topps Dodgers team set. One of my favorites.
- Who knew the Dodgers still owned some real estate in Vero Beach? We find out through TCPalm that the Dodgers have been cited for code violations. It's for a 3.4 acre parcel of land that has no access, other than through a neighbors back yard. I believe it is located across the street from Dodgertown, on the opposite side of 43rd Avenue.
- per John Heyman at SI, Ron Burkle, thought to be a major financial backer of Garvey's bid to buy the Dodgers, may not actually be in Steve's court.
- Are you kidding me? An $80 hot dog? Via Huffington Post.
(It) is deep fried and rolled in truffle oil, then coated with porcini dust, sprinkled with white truffle shavings, and topped with dollops of creme fraiche, caviar and fresh roe.
- The Dodgers honored Tim Wallach recently as he entered into the College Baseball Hall of Fame this year.
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Blog Kiosk: 7/27/2011
Tommy Lasorda's office, circa 1987. Via @Dodgers yfrog pic.