- Jamey Carroll is close to signing a multi-year deal, via MLB Trade Rumors. Sounds like the Dodgers are not in the picture. Some good not trading him did us. UPDATE: Looks like a done deal. Carroll to sign with Twins, via MLB Trade Rumors.
- Rod Barajas leaves for Pittsburgh, via Dodger Thoughts.
- Baseball by the Letters hears from former Dodger Carl Erskine.
"I usually receive eight or ten letters on the average each day. I try to answer right away, because when I can't, they pile up.
I do them all myself and read each one. I consider fans the backbone of the game -- and I consider signing an extension of my career."
- The Kansas City Star writes about the Negro League Baseball Museum and the top 5 can't miss exhibits there.
- REA believes that all of the 2001 Barry Bonds Home Run Jerseys sold by Bonds own authentication company are fake. Figures!
- A Star Trek premium card is being released, at $50 per pack, and it includes an autographed Christian Slater card. As Beckett notes, instead of receiving payment for his signature Slater received a collection of Star Trek cards instead.
- Landon Evanson at Bugs & Cranks has a 2 part interview with Bob Kendrick, President of the Negro League Baseball Museum, regarding the legacy of Buck O'Neil: Part1, Part 2.
- College Football has Sandusky, MLB had Donald Fitzgerald. This is a story that I have never heard of before. It's incredibly sad and disgusting. Via The Post Game.
- On this Veterans Day, here is a great video (originally put up by Sully Baseball) featuring Ted Williams and his time as a jet pilot in the Korean War.