- Thomas Salerno and Jordon Kroop analyze the proposed sale of the Dodger media rights for LexisNexis BK Law Community.
- GCRL puts up a bunch of great Dodgers cards featuring double plays.
- Dodgers in No Rush to Ink Kershaw, via FoxSports.
From the Dodgers’ perspective, a long-term deal for Kershaw would need to be at least five years, enabling the club to buy out at least two years of free agency. But Kershaw, a favorite for the NL Cy Young Award, might not be interested in such a deal at this early stage of his career.
- Jamey Carroll going to the Twins, via StarTribune. I still can't figure out why we didn't trade him last season when he was clearly wanted. We would of gotten something for him.
- Tommy Lasorda visits a YMCA in Tennessee, via The Tennessean. (Hat Tip: Vin Scully Is My Homeboy)
One kid asked Lasorda what he’d have done if he hadn’t gone into baseball. A lawyer, he answered. Another asked if he’d ever met Babe Ruth.
“No, but I wish I had,” he said.
- LA Times sports writer, Steve Dilbeck wins an award. Congrats! Your reports about the Dodgers over the past several months have been a must read, and this reward is well deserved.
- Spiegel at Nomo's Sushi Platter pulled a major hit in a pack of Allen & Ginter. Congrats!!!
- Best Story Book Ever, via BuzzFeed.
- Night Owl Cards shows off the 2008 Topps complete team box set. It includes a bunch of cards I have yet to see.
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Blog Kiosk: 11/17/2011
Kemp, Newcombe and a bunch of other Dodgers are on hand at the opening of a new Dodger Dreamfield early this week. (TwitPic: @NoelPiniero)