- Well, Steve Dilbeck of the LA Times tells us that John Maffei of the North County Times in San Diego County voted for Ian Kennedy in the NL Cy Young. What an idiot!
- Cliff Corcoran at SI writes, 'Kershaw's NL Cy Young Victory Comes with Concerns for Dodgers.'
Not only did none of the five pitchers ahead of Kershaw on that list (pitchers who won the Cy Young at Kershaw's age or younger) go on to have a Hall of Fame career, all five were effectively washed up by the age of 32, if not long before.
- New Dodger Owner Can Sell Merchandise Rights, via LA Times.
- McCourt is staying in LA? Via Mike DiGiovanna at LA Times.
"I love Los Angeles and plan to stay in L.A.," McCourt said after Thursday's MLB owners meetings. "I don't know what my plans are, quite frankly, because I haven't had time to think about that."
- This was unexpected news. The Houston Astros are moving to the AL West Division, and 2 more wild card teams will be added to the playoffs, via Rick Gano at AP/Yahoo.
- This was welcome news. (Twitter Link: @Ken_Rosenthal) (Twitter Link: @Ken_Rosenthal)
- Here is a Dodger video celebrating Kershaw's Cy Young Award.