- Tom Seaver, born to be a Dodger? Via Mike Silva's NY Baseball Digest.
“He was born to be a Dodger,” Travers said. “Born and raised in California, went to USC, had season tickets to Dodger games because his uncle has season tickets in Los Angeles, and he would use them every fourth and fifth day to see Koufax and Drysdale.”
- The Baseball Professor puts together a player profile on Andre Ethier.
- Bill Shaikin has a helpful list of 15 Dodger bidders. As you probably know, bids for the Dodgers are due today.
- Sully Baseball puts together the "All-Born After Jamie Moyer Debut" team- the 25 man roster.
- The Baseball Diaspora puts together a 2011 Bobblehead All-Americans team.
- Foul Bunt was at the Orioles Fan Fest and has a full report.
- Only because I'm a super nerd. Here is Star Wars Uncut: Director's Cut. This won a Primetime Emmy in 2010 for Outstanding Creative Achievement in Interactive Media. It was a crowd-source project where the original movie was cut up into 15 second pieces, and fans were asked to film their own interpretation of the segment. Then the editing crew took those fan-made splices and pieced them all together to make one full length version of the movie.
Monday, January 23, 2012
Blog Kiosk: 1/23/2012
Here is a photo from Jon SooHoo's Dodger website featuring several old-time Dodgers at a fantasy camp in the late 80's in Vero Beach. Look real close. Someone doesn't fit.