- Discovery Channel has a new show coming up called "All Star Dealers." It is about Grey Flannel Auctions and their search for vintage sports material to sell in their auction. As a collector it should be interesting to see what they go through to authenticate memorabilia. Go to the Auction Report for more details about the show and a clip. It premiers on Jan 24th.
- MSTI has a nice rundown on potential Dodger buyers.
- Clayton Kershaw is in Africa with Arise Africa- a nonprofit established by him and his wife. Read all about this trip on their blog.
- Jon at Dodger Thoughts makes note of this years 'Shrine of the Eternals' nominees that includes Hideo Nomo and Bill Bergen.
- Baseball: Past and Present looks at the career of Pedro Guerrero and reminds us that he was "the best hitter God has made in a long time."
- Bill Shaikin of the LA Times notes that the family of the late Roy Disney is bidding on the Dodgers. As long as it's the Disney family (which I have great respect for) and not the Disney Corporation buying the team then I give this a big thumbs up.
The Roy Disney family would hold the Dodgers as a private investment.
"They would guard the Dodger name the way they guard the Disney name," the person said.
- Here is another great post by Tom at Baseball by the Letters as he hears back from white Negro League ballplayer Louis "Grey Cat" Clarizio.
- Don't you love Sean Connery.
- Before It's News has 40 photos of the saddest fans in sports. And I laughed.
- I do not think Joshua Macciello is a real bidder for the Dodgers, but he sure has gotten a lot of free publicity. Vin Scully is My Homeboy has some details. All I could find is a similarly named guy who happens to play poker, and cashed in on a tournament in 2010. Is that the same guy?
Monday, January 09, 2012
Blog Kiosk: 1/9/2012
A pic from Dyland Hernandez of LA Times on twitter of Dodgers Winter Development Camp at Dodgers Stadium this morning. (Pic Link)