I wanted to first note that auditions are being held this Saturday for aspiring singers at Dodger Stadium for National Anthem duties.
Here are the details:
WHAT: The Dodgers will hold Red, White and Dodger Blue National Anthem Auditions this Saturday and performers will be chosen to sing the “Star-Spangled Banner” at home games this season. One participant will be selected to sing the national anthem at the Dodgers’ first home game in Los Angeles, as they take on the Angels next Tuesday, April 3. Entry and parking for the Red, White and Dodger Blue National Anthem Auditions will be free.
- Stadium gates open at 9 a.m. until 11 a.m., with auditions occurring until 6 p.m. on a first come, first serve basis
- All performers are encouraged to bring a DVD with their rendition of the National Anthem and a resume
- Please note that based upon attendance, not all performers will have the chance to audition before 5 p.m. in which case, singers will be considered based upon their DVD submission. We'll draw three people from those submissions to perform at Dodger Stadium during the season
- Performers will be asked to sing a cappella and will begin at "rockets' red glare"
- The auditions are free to all ages. Performers under the age of 18 are required to be accompanied by a legal guardian
- Each performer is allowed to bring one friend or family member with them inside of the stadium gates
** Performers are encouraged to bring in-ears or headphones to help with the acoustic delay**Go here for more details. And GOOD LUCK!
If you can't carry a tune then why not get an autograph of former Laker Robert Horry at Frank & Sons in the City of Industry on Saturday. See the flyer below, and a link here.
Horry will be signing from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
Can you ever beat free autographs from a Southern Californian legend and Hall of Famer. Former Kings left winger and current Kings President of Business Operations, Luc Robitaille, will be in La Mirada for a free autograph session. See the flyer below and a link can be found here.
Sunday, April 1st; 10 am - 12 pm
14501 Artesia Blvd
La Mirada, CA 90638
Only one autograph per person.
Autographs available as time permits.
Line will be limited to 300 guests.
Hat Tip: LA Inspiration