- Here's an excellent update from Jon Weisman at Dodger Thoughts on the progress of some Dodger prospects in Albuquerque with the help from Albuquerque sports reporter Christopher Jackson.
Sands and the Topes’ coaching staff are confident he can turn things around, but lordy, that boy seems stubborn. They tell him “lay off the first pitch” and he goes up and swings away from the start.
- Go to LFP and check out the Dodger Video that's posted up. It's incredible.
- Chad Moriyama thinks the MLB should ban plate collisions and takeout slides. I wholeheartedly disagree. I might accept banning home plate collisions, but takeout slides are an integral part of the game. The idea that a man running towards second base should not be allowed to break up a potential double play is ludicrous.
- GCRL shows off some recent "Through The Mail" autographs of some Dodgers.
- Kevin Nelson at Sports Collectors Digest writes about, "The Importance of Nisei Baseball in Japanese Internment Camps."
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Jersey (from GasLamp Ball) recently visited Dodger Stadium and has a post up to prove it.
- Sports Collectors Daily picks out 5 of the best vintage Baseball card investments.
- As expected, LA Kings goalie Jonathon Quick has been nominated as a finalist for the Vezina Trophy that is given out to the leagues best goalie, via Kings Insider.
- Check out this soon-to-be released animated graphic novel called "Bottom of the Ninth" that was created by Ryan Woodward. It looks great. Link here. A preview video trailer is below.
YUP! Always dreamed about this when I was a kid….an ANIMATED graphic novel!!! Took me 40 years to realize this dream, well…40 years of dreaming – 4 insane months of animating, drawing, drinking caffeine, and acting like a 10 year old again.