- The Sons got it right. Read the Sons of Steve Garvey's guest post at Big League Stew detailing the "10 Best Things About Being a Dodger Fan."
- With this year being the 50th Anniversary of Dodger Stadium it only makes sense for there to be a compilation of top moments at the stadium. So, check out Dylan Hernandez's report at the LA Times featuring his top 10 picks.
- David Pinto at Baseball Musings has the news on a Jackie Robinson documentary coming to BET.
BET celebrates the 65th Anniversary of Jackie Robinson Day with the world television premiere of “Harvard Park,” a poignant documentary chronicling how a neighborhood park in the midst of the economically devastated and crime-infested South Central LA of the 1980s became a destination for many future baseball legends. The Park provided a safe haven for many to hone their baseball skills and later give back to their community as their careers skyrocketed to the Major Leagues.It will premier on Sunday, April 15 at 11 AM PT/ET and on BET’s sister network, Centric at 8 PM PT/11p.m. It will be available to stream on Netflix the very next day, April 16.
- Summer Anne Burton at Every Hall of Famer draws former Dodger skipper Walter Alston.
- Check out the most recent interview with Vin Scully while in San Diego this weekend that centers on the team, the incoming new ownership, social media and Baseball itself at Vin Scully is My Homeboy.
- Matt Kemp has been MLB's Player of the Week from April 4th to 8th. From the Dodgers Press Release:
In four games last week, Kemp batted .412 (7-for-17) while leading the Majors with six runs scored and tying for the Major League lead with eight RBI and 14 total bases. His two home runs and seven hits were both tied for third among National Leaguers, while his .824 slugging percentage ranked seventh. The Oklahoma native became the first Dodger to have three consecutive multi-hit games to begin a season since Adrian Beltre in 2000. Kemp collected hits in each of the first four games, extending his hitting streak to 16 games dating back to last season. His bat helped the Dodgers to a 3-0 start for the first time since 1999.
- BTW, be sure to watch Matt Kemp on Conan tonight at 11:00 PM on TBS.
- Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius points to some of the great artist sketch cards in Topps new Mars Attacks set.
Monday, April 09, 2012
Blog Kiosk: 4/9/2012
Los Angeles Dodgers Matt Kemp homers against the San Diego Padres Sunday, April 8, 2012 at Petco Park in San Diego,California. © Jon SooHoo/Los Angeles Dodgers 2012.