- Game 2 of the Western Conference Finals between the LA Kings and Phoenix Coyotes is tonight at 6PM on NBCSports. Be there or be square. I know... there's a Dodger game an hour or so later, but this is the playoffs and there's nothing like hockey playoff fever!
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Thoughts makes a case that AJ Ellis is an All-Star.
- Check out this great collection of vintage photographs featuring Orel Hershiser via the Dodger official photographer Jon SooHoo.
- A Dodger prospect with Vero Beach was recently arrested for crack cocaine distribution. Say Wa.....? Via Deadspin.
- I can't believe I've only now run into this. John Thorn, a well regarded Baseball historian, tells us the real story behind the signing of Jackie Robinson. There are 3 parts to the story and a lot of information to immerse yourself into. Part 1. Part 2. Part 3.
- Thank you Big League Stew for reminding me that Ty Cobb was one mean SOB.
Cobb suddenly vaulted into the stands toward Lucker, seated about 12 rows up in the grandstand. Knocking Lucker down, Cobb began kicking and stamping him. (keep in mind that he had metal cleats on)
- Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius has a beautiful pic of a game-used Satchel Paige jersey up from the Negro League Baseball Museum.
- A close friend recently co-wrote a short film with actress Catherine Dent called "Silk," and is currently soliciting funds to pay for its filming. From my friends email to me.
The script was included as part of Catherine's application to the AFI Directing Workshop for Women, and she was chosen as one of eight directors out of hundreds of applicants to participate in the program. The film SILK, which calls attention to the scourge that is child marriage, will be shot this summer and screened here in L.A. before it goes worldwide and is banned in multiple countries.
AFI provides us with the equipment to shoot the film, but they also require us to raise the funds to pay for everything else. So this morning we launched our web page at Kickstarter.
- FU, NBC.
(twitter link: @LAKINGS)
I don't accept your apologies via twitter.
- This video has been going around, so I figured why not put it up. Below is the most enthusuastic unpire you'll ever see.