I thought this would be a fun eBay auction item to look at. This is from a charity auction for Helping Humans Across America that features a game-used cap and cleats that are attributed to Tommy Lasorda during his early days as a Dodgers prospect with the Montreal Royals. (Hat Tip: UniWatch)
|(eBay Auction Link)|
- Summer Anne Burton shares her drawing of Pee Wee Reese at Every Hall of Famer.
- Don's Heroes, via Left Field Pavilion.
- Dodgers name new Senior Director of Security, via Doug Miller MLB.com.
|(Rich Wemmer on left, Michael Hillmann on right)|
The Dodgers announced on Sunday that their senior director of security, Rich Wemmer, is retiring.
Wemmer, who joined the Dodgers in April 2011, retired from the Los Angeles Police Department in '08 after a near-40-year career in law enforcement and now will step down from his latest post, effective this Thursday. Former LAPD Deputy Chief Michael Hillmann will take over Wemmer's post for the remainder of the season.
- Who woulda thunk it? After a tumultuous stay with the Angels Ken Gurnick at MLB.com tells us that "Abreu (is) Providing Veteran Leadership."
- Tim Brown tells us that the Dodgers are indeed entered into the Roy Oswalt Sweepstakes, via his twitter.
Don't count on Oswalt coming to Los Angeles, though. Jerry Crasnick at ESPN indicates that Texas is the most likely destination.
"I would be shocked if he doesn't go to Texas," a baseball official said. "A team is going to have to greatly outbid Texas to keep him from going there."
- The Vin Scully Bobblehead to be revealed on the Dodgers twitter account today. Stay Tuned.
|(Twitter Link: @Dodgers)|
- Don Larson's game-used jersey from his World Series perfect game will be put up for auction later on this year, via The Infield Dirt.
- "Between Two Palm Trees" with AJ Ellis and Clayton Kershaw. This is a must see. (Hat Tip: Sons of Steve Garvey)
- This video is magnificent. "Sydney Opera House 'collapses' in Spectacular Light Show," via The Guardian.