- Per Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, Hanley Ramirez Meets the Media in Los Angeles.
"This organization has a lot of history and tradition. I grew up in the Dominican watching this organization," Ramirez said. "Leaving my family behind, that was the hard thing. But coming here to a contender, knowing that I can win some championships here, it's a very happy time for me and my family."
- Ramona Shelbourne at ESPN wonders, "Welcome to Hanleywood?"
"The blaze that Manny came in with, it's hard to duplicate," Mattingly said of Manny Ramirez' 2008 season with the Dodgers in which he hit .396 with 17 home runs and 53 RBI in 53 games. "I'd rather Hanley just come in, be himself, get comfortable here and look at this as more of a long-term situation."
- Ben Badler at Baseball America points out a couple of hidden gems in the Dodgers farm system, via twitter @BenBadler.
- I don't know if I really understand what a Egraph is. Nevertheless, I thought I would take notice of it since Clayton Kershaw and Don Mattingly have joined them to offer the "next generation" of autographs that include personalized written and voice messages. From my understanding, the player will record a personalized message and digitally sign a photo for you. It would be accessible online. You can also order a framed print, but I believe it would be of a digital autograph and not the real thing. Go here for more information. BTW,
100% of all proceeds from Don Mattingly e-graphs will benefit Mattingly Charities efforts to provide baseball themed programs and equipment for disadvantaged youth while Clayton Kershaw's proceeds will go to the Kershaw's Challenge foundation which supports childrens' charities around the world.
- Greg at Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle scores an awesome auto/relic of Duke Snider in a blog contest.
- Barry Petchesky at Deadspin makes note of 4 Olympic athletes who are stateless.
- I'm just enjoying anything Kings related. Here, Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis promote their new film "The Campaign" in Toronto at the Hockey Hall of Fame. Ferrell is wearing a Kings jersey.
Video Link: (Hat Tip: Puck Daddy)