Hanley Ramirez shows off his new leather, via twitter @HanleyRamirez.
- Hello Kitty once again proves its mass appeal. The September 5th Hello Kitty Tote Bag will now be given out to 50,000 Dodger fans at the game. It was originally only 30,000 bags.
- Mark Saxon at ESPN puts together a great writeup on Luis Cruz called "The Power of Two Little Pigs".
Luis Cruz, the son, has been around baseball since he was 2 years old, about the time his father, also named Luis Cruz, began teaching him how to hit.The relationship hasn't really changed, and neither has the game, though they're separated now by thousands of miles. The father is the hitting coach of the Mexico City summer league team. The son has been one of the National League's hottest hitters for the past month.
- The Boston Public Library released a bunch of vintage Baseball photographs in flickr.
- The Dodgers signed 16 year old lefty pitching prospect from Mexico, Julio Urias. Via Ben Badler at Baseball America.
Some scouts considered Urias, whose rights were transferred from Mexico City of the Mexican League, to be one of the better pitching prospects on the market. He has touched 92 mph and shown good feel for pitching for his age.
- The Left Field Pavilion creates a great graphic on the Dodgers rebirth.
- Jon Heyman at CBS comments on twitter how this trade went down.
- Yeah, this crossed my mind too. Via reddit @allamericaterrorist.
- Mayor's Manor speaks with ABC TV's Modern Family star Eric Stonestreet about the Kings and Dodgers at Dodger Stadium on Friday, and includes a video interview.
- Mayor's Manor also interview Jim Fox, who was at LA Kings Night at Dodger Stadium. See the interview below.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *