Here is Andre Ethier's Baseball from his LA Dodger record tying 9th consecutive hit, pic via twitter @Dodgers.
- Josh Beckett just started a new twitter account @beck19bb. Go ahead and follow him.
- Peter Abraham at Boston.com, "Bad Contracts, But Not Bad People".
That is not true. It was ridding the team of three bad contracts, not necessarily bad people.
That is particularly true of Crawford. There was not one player on the roster — not one — who worked harder at getting better than Crawford. He came with only the best intentions, he was a good teammate and he did everything asked of him without complaint.
- Emma puts together a great James Loney Appreciation Post. Check it out.
- Bill Shaikin of the LA Times writes "Stan Kasten on Dodgers' Spending Limit: I Haven't Found it Yet."
If the Dodgers can add $260 million to their payroll in one trade -- and close to a half-billion dollars in four months -- is there a limit to their spending?
"Somewhere, I suppose," Chairman Mark Walter said Saturday.
And where might that limit be?
"I haven't found it yet," President Stan Kasten said. "I'll let you know when we get there."
- JP Hoornstra at the Daily News has some notes and quotes from Vin Scully's press conference.
"I don't know. That's in God's hands. It's certainly not in my hands. When I say day to day, I firmly and truly believe that. I thank Him for every day. I know my mom thanked Him for every day that she had ... She was inspirational.
- Via Covers.com, the bookmakers now rate the Dodgers as 8/1 favorites to win the World Series.
- The Wall Street Journal analyzes the big trade and its implications for the game.
- Check out the 10 best uses of classical music in classic cartoons, via Listverse.
- Here is a great video put together by the Royal Army- a kind of LA Kings fan club- from LA Kings Night at Dodger Stadium this past Friday.
Then, they share a nearly 12 minute video featuring a Kings themed firework show at Dodger Stadium.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *