Here is an autographed Clayton Kershaw guitar that was auctioned off at his recent BBQ and Hoedown charity event. According to Dodgers on Demand reporter Jessica Rosales on twitter, it sold for $700.00. BTW, the hoedown was a great success.
- Sigh. Ruben Amaro, the Phillies GM, said this about the Dodgers claiming Cliff Lee off of waivers, ""It's irrelevant. He's not going anywhere,"via Paul Hagen ay MLB.com.
- The Dodgers just announced their July Dodger Pride Award winners for their minor league system, via a press release. On Double-A pitcher Matt Magill:
Went 3-1 with a 2.48 ERA, the 11th-lowest mark in the Southern League, in five July starts. The 22-year-old limited opponents to a .215 batting average during the month while walking only three and striking out 30 in 29.0 innings. The Simi Valley native was honored with his third selection as Southern League Pitcher of the Week for the period of July 9-15, tossing 6.0 scoreless innings and striking out seven in his only start during the week against Pensacola. Overall, Magill leads the league with 119 strikeouts in 107.1 innings and is tied for third on the circuit with eight wins (8-5) and a 4.11 ERA in 20 starts. Magill is in his fifth professional season after being selected in the 31st round of the 2008 First-Year Player Draft.
- In Magill's first start in August he continued his great pitching by striking out 12, via Sam Dykstra at MiLB.com.
"That's the ultimate goal when I go out there," the Dodgers prospect said. "I love seeing the guy walk back to the dugout, frustrated, with his head down. It's a great feeling. It's why I'm a pitcher."
- The Foul Bunt card blog shares some heirlooms from former Major Leaguer Eric McNair that includes an album from when he was a member of a 1934 barnstorming team that toured Japan before WWII.
- It was Star Trek Night last night, and William Shatner was there to throw out the first pitch.
|(twitter link @Dodgers)|
- Sax at the Sons of Steve Garvey points to a Keith Law report on recent Dodgers signee Yasiel Puig, and it is positive.
- Then, Orel at Sons of Steve Garvey retells the entire Vin Scully call from last night to tweet AJ Ellis in order to get him trending. It worked!
And I said get something trending? A.J. Ellis?
They are trending, twittering, tweeting — you name it — about A.J. Ellis all over the United States.
He's a nice boy.
Heck, I even joined the fun last night. See one of tweets from last night below.
- If you missed out on Vin Scully's twitter call from last night then watch the video below.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *