- I'd like to note that the 2012 Topps Update set is coming out on October 3rd, and I'm happy to report that AJ Ellis is listed as being included in the base set. He will be #US304. Yeah! AJ will finally get a Major League baseball card. See an partial checklist here.
- Speaking of AJ, Steve Dilbeck of the LA Times notes that AJ Ellis appears to be wearing down.
Ellis has already appeared in 125 games in easily baseball’s most demanding position. The most games he’s ever appeared in the majors until this season was 44 in 2010. The most games he’s ever appeared in during his professional career is 109 for double-A Jacksonville in 2007.
It’s having an impact. Ellis is without a hit in his last 28 at-bats. And without a walk. The only time he got on base in that stretch, he was hit by a pitch.
- Zach Hample was in Washington DC for the Dodgers game against the Nationals on Wednesday. He includes a photo of Kershaw- just after he got hit by a broken bat.
- Beckett provides an early peek at Topps 2013 Gypsy Queen.
- Via Bradley Woodrum at NotGraphs, Tampa Bay Lightnings coach Guy Boucher shoots the first pitch.
- I've really enjoyed reading about Chipper Jones last romp through the Major Leagues all season long. He's a great player and someone who should find themselves in the Hall of Fame in a few years. Recently, the Braves hazed their rookies, and included their retiring star in the festivities. Via a tweet by PeterMoylan, check out the pic below.
- The 2013 World Baseball Classic hats are out. Check out the Team USA and Philippines team lids below. See what the other teams caps look like here.
- Below is another Stanley Cup World Champion Los Angeles Kings behind-the-scenes video from Game 6 of the finals featuring radio broadcasters Nick Nickson and Darryl Evans calling the from the press box during the Kings second goal of the evening. Awesome, just awesome!
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *