Kenley Jansen and Tim Leary passed out Halloween treats at the Treats-n-Suites Halloween Bash on Monday in the photo above. Pic via twitter @Dodgers. Happy Halloween everybody!!!
- BTW, be sure to go to Nick Punto's home for Halloween. He's giving out the good stuff. See what I mean via twitter @ShredderPunto.
- Dodgers sign Brandon League to a new 3-year deal. Via a Dodgers press release:
“He gives the club someone who has saved more than 50 games the last two seasons and fortifies our bullpen in a number of ways. It's imperative that to compete in the NL West teams need a strong bullpen with power arms, experience and depth.”
Details on the contract have yet to emerge, but Jim Bowden at ESPN tweets it's at about $7.1Mil per year. He had a great last month of the season, so in order for this deal to make sense he needs to continue pitching like that.
- Bo at Baseball Cards Come to Life shares a great story about a Tony Gwynn Baseball card worth noting, as told by former Padres pitcher Scott Sanders. Check out the link to see the card. (Hat Tip: Gaslamp Ball)
"One of my favorite cards is: Tony Gwynn forgot his jersey at the hotel for a spring training game, and had to hit in my jersey-- his 1st at bat. It ended up on one of his baseball cards.
- When no news is news. No Dodgers win a Gold Glove this year.
- Panini's 2012 Cooperstown Baseball card set has officially been released and they shared some additional photos on their blog. Take a look at a Roy Campanella card on the left.
- Clayton Kershaw was on the Petros & Money show yesterday. Go here to listen to it.
- A Cooperstown ghost story, via Tom Wiles at Cooperstown Chatter.
Samantha was very interested in a career minor leaguer named Edward Matt, who played from 1909-1913 for seven different minor league teams in the upper Midwest, including Traverse City, Mich., where Samantha and her family now live. But Ed Matt is not a distant relative, so why the interest?
“Edward Matt is a ghost in our house,” Samantha wrote.
- You gotta love social media. San Francisco police allegedly arrest the man who was photographed busting up a bus front windshield during the Giants riots, via Kevin Kaduk at Big League Stew.
- Star Wars Episode 7 Official Trailer by NMA.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *