Dodgers reliever Brandon League shares his newest tattoo, pic via twitter @LOYLOYctac.
- Huell Howser, you are one of my favorite TV personalities. He is retiring, via Scott Collins of the LA Times.
- Bob Nightengale at USA Today shares a choice quote from Stan Kasten.
"I am focusing on building the best team we can be,'' Dodgers President Stan Kasten told USA TODAY Sports, "and where exactly the payroll will be, we'll worry about that later. This particular phase we're in is building and returning the Dodgers to greatness.
"Eventually we want to return to the Dodger roots of (player development), but we're not there yet.''
I certainly can't dislike this approach. The Dodgers want to win now by using cash while building a future with even more cash.
- Wendy Thurm at FanGraphs takes a look at the recent news about the Dodgers new television contract and how is compares to other clubs.
- Hilarious! I had missed this. On twitter, the Dodgers responded to Piers Morgan. Hat Tip: Hiban90 on Reddit.
- The Angels appear to be out of the Zach Grienke sweepstakes according to Danny Knobler at CBS Sports.
- BTW, the MLB Network coverage of the Winter Meetings start with their preview this coming Sunday night at 8:00 PM EST. The Hall of Fame Pre-Integration voting results will also be aired live on Monday, December 3rd at 11:00 AM EST. Be sure to cross your fingers for former Dodger Bill Dahlen- he deserves to be in the Hall.
- Roberto at Vin Scully is My Homeboy has up a video from the panel discussion last night featuring Ron Cey, Dodgers historian Mark Langill, owner Peter Gruber, and others at UCLA speaking about the impact the Dodgers have had on Los Angeles over the past 50 years. It is long, but worth your time.
- Ryan at Chaos and Kanji shares his experience at a Fukuoka Softbank Hawks Baseball game in Japan.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *