Derrel Thomas, Matt Kemp, Sweet Lou Johnson, and Kenny Landreaux on the Dodgers firetruck during the MLK Parade on Saturday, pic via twitter @Dodgers.
- Check out some great photographs from the parade from Dodger photographer Jon SooHoo.
- Bill Shaikin at the LA Times tells us that Time Warner Cable appears to be in the lead for a new television contract with the Dodgers.
The Dodgers’ current contract with Fox expires after the 2013 season. The team had discussed a new deal with Fox last fall, worth at least $6 billion over 25 years. However, as MLB and the Dodgers discussed their differences over the revenue-sharing issue, the Fox exclusive negotiating window expired, enabling Time Warner to initiate negotiations with the team.
- Check out Chan Ho Park at NC Dinos camp in Tucson, via Naver. One photo is at the right.
- Both AJ Ellis and Ronald Belisario have agreed to new one-year contracts; thereby avoiding arbitration, via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com.
- Roberto at Vin Scully is My Homeboy was at the SoCal Baseball Expo as well. Check out his story here.
- Matt Kemp is gearing up to be ready for Opening Day, via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com.
"That's my goal," said Kemp, wearing a Dodgers jersey with Jackie Robinson's No. 42 and accompanied by his mother. "I'm hitting off the tee, no soft toss yet. I have my good days and bad days. It's still a little sore. But being ready for the season is all that matters."
- Topps is putting together a Cubs stadium give away card set. I have to wonder if the Dodgers will do the same thing. Please say yes!
- RIP, Stan "The Man" Musial. Did you know that he received his nickname from Brooklyn Dodgers fans. Every time he came up to the plate against us, Dodger fans would exclaim, "Here Comes The Man."
- RIP Earl Weaver. In honor of his feistiness watch this great vintage video of one of his most epic ejections. A word of warning, there is some bad language.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *