AJ Ellis visited his college ball team, Austin Peay State University, yesterday via twitter @APSU Athletics.
- Check out a photo of Hyun-Jin Ryu and family, via Naver.com. (Hat Tip: @MyKBO)
- Dayn Perry at CBS Sports shares a Dr. Martin Luther King's telegraph to Jackie Robinson, circa 1962.
- A designer named M. Willis creates a fantasy LA Dodgers soccer jersey. Well done!
- The Dodgers first stop on their Community Caravan this week was at an Belmont High School to paint some murals, via Quinn Roberts at MLB.com.
"It is great to be in a place like this and do the service that Dr. King asked us to do many years ago," former Dodgers outfielder Al Ferrara said.
"As far as the painting though, I may be in a little bit of trouble. When I was in high school, I flunked a drawing class. I'm trying to make amends."
- Dodger photographer Jon SooHoo also has a bunch of pics from the Dodgers first Community Caravan event.
- Check out this great story from Zachary Levine at Baseball Prospectus focused on the best FDR letters related to Baseball; including an incredible telegraph from the Brooklyn First Committee demanding that he attend a Dodgers parade or they would seek to secede from the union. Awesome!
- Then, read Dave Raymond's story at Baseball Prospectus focused on the future of radio game broadcast. He relays a great story from Dodgers pitcher Jerry Reuss.
Jerry Reuss told me that he used to listen to Scully’s broadcast—while he was playing—as it leaked out from thousands of transistors at Dodger Stadium. He said one time he even stepped off the mound to let Vinny finish a story before his next pitch.
- Are you going to Spring Training in Arizona this year? Check out Dave Cameron's advice at FanGraphs.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *