Hanley Ramirez recently tweeted the above pic, as he gives out some toys to some neighborhood kids. There's even a video on yfrog.
- My brethren within the Baseball Bloggers Alliance selected only one player as worthy of induction into the Hall of Fame- Jeff Bagwell. See the press release here.
- Left Field Pavilion compares 1963 Dodger Stadium with the artists rendition of future Dodger Stadium.
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA has complete details on the JP Howell contact.
- Baseball Prospect Nation ranks the top 15 Dodger prospects.
- Jon Weisman wrote something about Baseball. Check it out here. It's his thoughts about the quagmire that is the Hall of Fame voting.
- Ramon Troncoso took a liner to the face and lost 4 teeth. Check out a tweet by Polo Ascencio to see a pic. It's a bit nasty.
- The Dodgers will be playing a Spring Training exhibition game against the the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes on March 28th at the Quakes home park in Rancho. See info here.
- Take a look at the WBC Baseballs, via Naver.com. See it right.
- Here is another incredible vintage Baseball card find. A Maine antique picker found it in a yard sale. It is a 1865 CDV featuring the Brooklyn Atlantics. It is one of only two known to exist- the other being in the Library of Congress. It was initially listed on eBay by the picker, but a flurry of emails and questions by collectors caused them to pull it and have it authenticated. It will now be for sale on auction and is expected to sell for more than $50,000. Sports Collectors Daily has the story; including a video. These are the kind of stories I can only dream of, but I still look. Heck, I still hope to one day find a vintage Walter Johnson collectible in an Orange County yard sale some day.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *