Check out a sneak peek at the Hanley Ramirez bobblehead above, as tweeted by the @Dodgers.
- Jonathan Garza at Dodger Nation reports that the Dodgers checked out a trio of pitchers, along with 9 other teams. They appeared to have shown an interest in Mark Lowe.
- The MLB FanCave has chosen 50 finalist, and 3 of them are Dodger fans. Check them out here.
- Greg Zakwin at Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle writes of a UCLA economics event called 'The Dodgers and Los Angeles After 50 Years: The Economics of How a Sport Icon and a City Grew Together.' He got some great autographs.
- Matt Kemp makes a Super Bowl prediction at Stack.com with Jerry Hairston Jr. as host. See the video here.
- MasterCard is offering a 'Dinner with Ned Colletti' event for members, via Sons of Steve Garvey.
- Dustin Nosler writes a piece for Yahoo investigating the possibility of adding Scott Rolen to the Dodgers.
- The Dodgers have just launched a new interactive rewards program for fans. From a Dodgers press release:
The Los Angeles Dodgers today announced the launch of a comprehensive engagement program that will reward fans for supporting the club online, via social media and at Dodger Stadium. The free Dodgers Rewards (DodgersRewards.com) program is the first-of-its-kind in Major League Baseball and offers fans the chance to win prizes by supporting the team through an array of digital activities including merchandise purchases online, checking in to games through MLB.com’s mobile application At The Ballpark and interacting online at dodgers.com and on the Dodgers’ official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
“We are creating an interactive rewards portal for all things Dodgers,” said Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Los Angeles Dodgers, Lon Rosen. “Being a sports fan is about passion and competition, and we believe through this platform we are entering the next phase of fan loyalty with the ultimate goal of rewarding our fans for their support.”
The Dodgers Rewards program will create unique experiences and promotions for fans as incentives for supporting the club. The program will feature its first three sweepstakes with its first starting today through Saturday, March 15, 2013 with prizes including two tickets to Opening Day 2013, a mention from @Dodgers and a Sandy Koufax signed baseball.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *