Even some position players showed up to Camelback Ranch today. A pic via the @Dodgers on twitter shows Carl Crawford in Dodger Blue for the first time.
- David Schoenfield at ESPN provides his off-season report card on the Dodgers.
Few teams have as much upside as the Dodgers if everything goes their way. With the depth of their rotation, they should be a lock to win 85 games. It's also necessary to point out that they won 86 games last year without Greinke and without full seasons from Gonzalez, Beckett, Crawford, Ramirez and Kemp (who played 106 games) and thus they should easily win 90-plus games.
- Roberto Baly at VSIMH post up a video featuring Mike Piazza talking about his new book on CBS This Morning.
- Bill Plunkett at the OC Register asks Five Key Questions about the Dodgers.
- Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times tells us on twitter that Clayton Kershaw will 'slow-play' the negotiations for a new (and no doubt record breaking) contract. Why anyone would think it would be any other way, I do not know. I've read numerous stories wondering why the Dodgers don't lock him up now. Well, it takes two to tango, and I would be surprised if Kershaw's representatives rushed the process.
- The signing parade has begum at Camelback Ranch. Via a twitpic by 'goodgoer', we see Hyun-Jin Ryu providing his signature to fans on Day 1. (Hat Tip: MyKBO on twitter) In fact, Ryu has a new twitter account. Check it out here, @HyunJinRyu99. His very first tweet says it all- translated into English: "It Starts Now." There is also a video on twitter of him tossing the ball around, here.
- David was at the Compton Community Day event at the MLB Urban Youth Academy this past Sunday. He also visited the Padres FanFest and shares a bunch of his autograph gets.
- True to the Blue was at the Long Beach Expo, as well, and shares his Jerry West autograph.
- Best Tumblr ever! Check out Bad Spring Training Twitpics.
- All About Cards tells us about Topps big announcement this morning. They unveiled the world's largest Baseball card in Florida.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *