Yasiel Puig signs for some enterprising kids. Pic via Jon SooHoo/ LA DOdgers 2013.
- Lyle Spencer at MLB.com has the story on Magic's visit to Camelback Ranch a few days ago.
"It's not about expectations, the payroll. We should want to win it. Hey, there have been expectations on them as young men way before now. They were probably the best in high school, in the college they went to. Expectations? I love it. Because it reminds me of the old Dodgers, the old Lakers. I told them, `You all had pressure. We had it too. We loved it.' I'd rather have that than no expectations."
- Vincent Bosignore at Inside the Dodgers adds tells us more about Magic's visit.
“I call them the Ellis brothers – and I just talked to them too about this same thing. The intensity they bring every night, they’re leaders,” Johnson said “That becomes infectious to the other guys.”
- The Dodgers are on Tumblr! Check it out here.
- Baseball Prospectus preview the Dodgers by asking 3 questions.
- Chad Billingsley is ready for the season, via Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times.
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA tells us about the Dodger Stadium renovations that are expected, for the most part, to be completed this week.
Chief among the improvements are the new scoreboards, both on the walls and above the pavilions in right and left field. But Kasten said there are improvements on every level, and that a full list will be provided in the coming week.
- True to the Blue takes a closer look at the soon to be released Clayton Kershaw McFarlane figurine. It will be released in May.
- Ken Rosenthal at FoxSports tells us that the WBC will be picking up some of Hanley Ramirez's salary since he was injured during tournament play.
- Below is another video from Stadium Bound featuring a closer look at the renovations at Dodger Stadium.
SATURDAY 3-23-13: Dodger Stadium renovations in progress - close-ups of some of the construction details - Installing the expensive seats behind the dugout, putting the trim on the giant video screen, spreading out and leveling the red warning track dirt, sanding, painting, pouring concrete, etc.
See another video I posted yesterday that provides a more expansive view, here.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *