What a great early 90's photographed shared by Dodgers' photographer Jon SooHoo of Vin Scully in the press box hanging out with Gordon Verrell, Jay Lucas, Derrick Hall, Broderick Turner, Terry Johnson, Lew Price. Check it out here on his photo blog.
- Bernie Pleskoff at MLB.com, a former scout with the Astros and Mariners, tells what he saw in Hyun-Jin Ryu.
Although two outings may not be conclusive, what I have seen has me wondering about Ryu serving as a starter. For now, I think he is best suited to pitching out of the bullpen and continuing to prepare for a role as a starter. At this early stage of his transition, I think he is very hittable and needs more time to adjust.
- Kim Tong-hyung at Korea Times also has some critical things to say about Ryu.
Heo Koo-yeon, a former baseball manager and current MBC television color commentator, was underwhelmed as well after watching Ryu in person.
''The velocity on his fastball isn’t there yet. It’s slower than the fastballs he has thrown in the KBO the past few years,’’ Heo told Korean reporters in Arizona.
''To be effective against major league hitters, Ryu’s fastball has to sit comfortably at around 148 kilometers per hour. He has to bring his condition up.’’
- Craig Minami at True Blue LA profiles Dodgers' prospect Jeremy Moore.
- Lyle Spencer at MLB.com shares his interview with Vin Scully. It's a must read.
"After the third out, Johnny Podres having shut them out, I was taken in a car to the Lexington Hotel with some other Dodgers people," Scully said. "I had a date, and I left the group to get my car and go pick her up. We drove over to Brooklyn for the party at the Bossert Hotel.
"It was like V-J Day and V-E Day rolled into one when we came out of the tunnel. There were thousands of people on the sidewalks leading to the hotel. There were policemen, and parking attendants who took your car about a block from the hotel. Walking down that street to the hotel, that was an unforgettable scene."
- Luis Cruz admits he lost it over the weekend, via Bill Shaikin at the LA Times.
- Chris Olds at Beckett has the 8 other Jackie Robinson movie "42" posters that have recently been released. Check them out here. Below is one of my favorites.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *