Check out the Kershaw's new Kershaw's Challenge T-Shirts. Get your own shirt on their website, here (Arise Africa Store). Pic via twitter @ellenkershaw.
- Do you have a story or a story to tell about someone battling through breast cancer? Well, MLB (including the Dodgers) are looking for your story and will honor someone as a Honoray Bat Girl. Go here for more information.
- Left Field Pavilion makes a great Opening Day graphic. Check it out.
- An Opening Day poem from MLB FanCave participant and resident Dodgers' fan Aaron Roberts. Link here.
- Mark Smith at ABQ Journal Sports writes a great piece on the struggles Albuquerque went through to bring back Baseball after the Dukes left. This season marks the 10 year anniversary of the Isotopes.
“Looking back, it was all worth it,” says Lawrence Rael, the city’s former chief administrative officer. “When you’re sitting there having a hot dog and your favorite beverage in a beautiful stadium, nobody’s ever going to remember all the political morass that we had to go through to get here. That’s probably the greatest satisfaction for me going to that field today. But if these folks really knew how close we were to not getting here … ”
- Max Weinstein at Beyond the Boxscore lets us know who should be platooned in 2013. Both Ethier and Dee Gordon made the list.
- Paula Massingill at Huffinton Post details some of the best places to eat before a Dodgers' game.
- I can't think of anything worse than this. According to Isai Rocha at Dodgers Nation, the Dodgers have approached Frank McCourt about a lower level advisement position within the organization. This boggles the mind. If I ever see that man again...
- Just because it's Opening Day. We're "Talking Baseball - Willie, Mickey and the Duke" by Terry Cashman.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *