Dodgers finally get to celebrate a win yesterday against the Orioles, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2013.
- Yasiel Puig injures thumb, placed on 7-day DL, via Eric Stephen at Trule Blue LA.
- Mark Simon at ESPN takes an in depth look at the troubles Matt Kemp has been having at the plate.
Though Kemp is known for hitting the ball with power to all fields, through the first three weeks of the season, Kemp has done little against the pitches on the inner half of the plate, or that jammed him off the inside corner.
|(Photo Credit: Cass Bird / GQ)|
- Via Deadspin, Justin Sellers was up to no good in the Dodgers dugout during yesterdays game. They've got video.
- Andre Ethier is featured along with several Major Leaguers in the current issue of GQ. Check out his interview here with Nathaniel Penn of GQ. To the right is Andre sporting some designer-styled clothing.
Andre Ethier on his favorite L.A. restaurant: “It would have to be Osteria Mozza. In fact, after I first found out about Mozza I begged my wife to live near that area so I could strategically place the stadium and our house on opposite ends of the restaurant and just stop in late at night. I like to believe I am the only one who gets takeout from the restaurant; the restaurant doesn't do takeout. It's a nice little text to [the chef or owner]: "Hey, I'm on the way, can I get some stuff?"—and they'll let me slip in the back alleyway and have some [food] for me.”
- Mike Petriello at MSTI, writes that "The Luis Cruz Experiment Just Isn't Working Out." I still think it's too early to tell. The season is way too young. On the other hand, I am known by friends to be an extremely patient person.
- Greg Zakwin at Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle snagged a couple of Drysdale auto's; of both husband and wife.
- GCRL continues on with Part 2 of the evolution of Dodger 3rd Basemen with Baseball cards.
- This coming Sunday, kids at the Dodgers game will receive the below batting helmet. Pic via twitter @Dodgers.
- Clayton Richer at Baseball Hot Corner shares an interview with the grand-daughter of Babe Ruth: Linda Ruth Tosetti.
He loved to hunt. I can attest from my Mom, Dorothy, her and Babe ate everything he shot! Babe loved to try all sports. He loved to play basketball, bowling, swimming, handball, football at Notre Dame, with “Wild” Bill Kelly. In his earlier days, he loved to box. His friend Jack Dempsey told him that baseball paid better. He tried Tennis, Cricket, Pool, swimming, and he loved to horseback ride and did it every chance he could. Of course we can not forget his golfing!
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *