Matt Kemp in New York City? This photo was shared by the @Dodgers on twitter as a part of their #LATakeover event.
- Kemp got injured last night. Via a series of tweets from Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times.
- Dodgers cable contract may not be as lucrative as originally thought, via Josh Kosman at the NY Post. I seriously doubt this increase in revenue sharing monies the Dodgers will have to pay will hamper their ability to service debt.
The new owners of the LA Dodgers are being forced to rework their pending $7 billion, 25-year media rights deal with Time Warner Cable, three sources close to the situation said.
The new deal could end up seeing the unit, Guggenheim Baseball Management, fork over $130 million a year to Major League Baseball under its revenue-sharing agreement, these sources said.
That’s more than 50 percent higher than the $85 million Guggenheim had expected to pay. GBM anticipated that MLB would continue a 2011 Dodgers revenue-sharing agreement rather than adopt the current arrangement.
- Tommy Lasorda announced on twitter that the starting pitcher for the Dodgers Old-Timers game on June 8th will be Fernando.
- Scott at Dodgers FYI writes, "Matt Kemp, To Boo or Not To Boo- That is The Question."
- Roberto at VSIMH tells us all about the Loge Party Boxes at Dodger Stadium.
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPN, "Hanley Ramirez showing signs of returning to All-Star form."
Ramirez will play in minor-league rehab games starting Friday before re-joining the Dodgers, probably on Tuesday.
"To me, Hanley has looked really good. In spring, he was hitting a lot of balls the other way, he had a simpler leg kick and wasn't near as big," manager Don Mattingly said. "It's hard to know really what to expect because he essentially hasn't played since spring training. I know how good Hanley is."
- Chris Olds at Beckett gives us an early peek at Topps 2013 Bowman Sterling cards. Check out the Puig and Ryu cards below. This set is coming out on December 18th.
- Sports Collectors Daily shares a bunch of stories from other collectors about opportunities missed.
Back in 1981 there was a collectors shop in my home town. They played 1940s music and had wall to wall collectibles. Mostly stuff like old magazines, 78 records and WWII things. They did dabble in cards though.
I picked up about 2 dozen '33 Goudeys from them over about 4 or 5 months. But Because I was impatient And decided to go for quantity I bypassed quality. I missed the opportunity to buy a 1933 Goudey Lou Gehrig for $100.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *