"Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack's, I don't care if I never get back..." Pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2013.
- I cannot talk about Brandon League and I refuse to link to any stories about last nights game, lest I be reminded of it.
- Via Danny Knobler at CBS Sports, "Stock Watch: Everyone's talking Puig; one says he's Adrian Peterson".
"I always preface this by saying I don't know how his career is going to turn out," said (Matt) Martin, who has since left the Dodgers and taken a job with the Orioles. "But on God-given ability going in, it's like nothing I've ever seen."
Martin kept thinking, and finally he hit on it.
"I said, 'He's Adrian Peterson.' That's how much God-given ability this guy has," Martin said. "That's the comparison I had to give. He's Adrian Peterson."
- Ted Berg at For the Win highlights, "Five young MLB stars that could end up the greatest of all time". His list includes Yasiel Puig.
- Via Property of Zach, "Riley Breckenridge (Thrice) Starts Baseball-Themed Grindcore Band: Puig Destroyer". Riley's website is here.
- Bob Timmerman, briefly taking over for Jon Weisman at Dodger Thoughts, sums up last nights game rather nicely. Woops! I guess I lied.
- This is too awesome not to link. At Sons of Steve Garvey they try to talk about something other than Puig. So, Nomo puts up some great Star Wars/Japanese League commercials.
- I found this both unfortunate and hilarious at the same time. Peter Mayhew, who played Chewbacca in the original Star Wars films was stopped by the TSA in Denver due to a giant cane (he's 7'3" tall) that he needs to use in order to get around. The cane is shaped like a light saber - I kid you not. Fortunately, TSA came to it's senses. Story and pics via John Aravosis at AmericaBlog.
- This is just awesome. The Boston Globe shares pics of the past 50 years of Stanley Cup Championship rings. Wow!
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *