In honor of those we lost on September 11, 2001. See more great pics of the ceremony and day from Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2013, here.
- Get your postseason tickets, right here.
The Los Angeles Dodgers have worked to develop a more efficient and fair ticket ordering process in an effort to make Postseason tickets available to as many fans as possible. Since there are a limited number of tickets available through this opportunity, applicants must fill out and submit the registration form to participate in this opportunity to purchase.
- The Dodgers will pay a $9.9Mil luxury tax to MLB for this season, via Bob Nightengale at USA Today.
- Via Bill Plaschke at the LA Times, "No man is an island, especially Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen: Jansen pitches for Dodgers but also for his family, to make sure they never again struggle on the Caribbean island of Curacao."
"You don't have to look like a tough guy," he said softly. "When the situation comes up, you just have to be a tough guy."
- Greg Zakwin at Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle shares a great Kenley Jansen Winter League card. Wow! I didn't know they made cards for those teams.
- "710 Podcast: Nolasco excited to play for team he grew up with," via ESPNLA 710.
Dodgers pitcher Ricky Nolasco calls in and talks about staying focused and making this playoff push. Nolasco says it's exciting to play for the team he grew up watching. Nolasco explains the story when he found out he was traded to the Dodgers.
- "(Onelki) Garcia’s debut was memorable, but for the wrong reason," via Tony Jackson at Dodger Scribe.
“I just wanted to do what I’m able to do,” Garcia said, through an interpreter. “I came in ready to go and to get the guy out, ready to do my job. … I wasn’t surprised (at being lifted) at all. This was my first time in the big leagues, and I felt the pressure a little bit.”
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Thoughts has some interesting notes on Onelki Garcia.
- "Dodgers will have to watch Hyun-Jin Ryu carefully down stretch," via Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times.
“The back wasn’t a problem today,” Ryu said through an interpreter. “If there is one good takeaway from today’s game, it’s that the injury is gone.”
- No Way!! Apparently, there will be a spin-off television show to Breaking Bad. Really! It will be based on the lawyer, Saul Goodman, and will be called "Better Call Saul". The show will air on AMC and be a prequel to Breaking Bad. Go to Deadline Hollywood for more information.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *