The National League Champions are finally home, pic via Dodgers tumblr. Featured are Jerry Hairston Jr. and Kenley Jansen. Check out a bunch of photos from Sunday from Jon SooHoo, here.
- Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the Dodgers Blogger Night on Friday since I went to the Kings Frozen Fury this past weekend. Thankfully, several other bloggers were there. Check out their stories below.
*Sarah Wexler at "We're born again, there's new grass on the field".
*Craig Minami at "True Blue LA".
*Ross Gasmer at "Dodger Nation".
*Stacie Wheeler at "Lasorda's Lair".
- "Dodgers lose, learn they're Atlanta-bound," via Mark Saxon at ESPN.
- Andre Ethier may be down and out as well.
The Los Angeles #Dodgers ruled Matt Kemp out for the entire postseason, and Andre Ethier likely available only as pinch-hitter.
— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) September 30, 2013
- Orel at Sons of Steve Garvey shares a bunch of pics from yesterday afternoons game featuring Matt Kemp walking around on crutches.
- "Dodgers' Brian Wilson gets his Giants' World Series ring," via Bill Shaikin at the LA Times.
"I got my ring," Wilson said Friday at Dodger Stadium. "It's of no one's concern. It was handled.
"I'm not asking America to understand. I don't play games. I handled the situation. It's over with. It's squashed."
- "Ethier trying to get healthy in time for playoffs," via Austin Laymance at MLB.com.
"We're basically trying to get him as many at-bats as we can so he can get the timing part without the running part," Mattingly said before Friday night's game against the Rockies. "That's really the main reason for going there, to be able to get 10-15 at-bats a day."
- "Baseball's Doll Bobbles Leave Fans' Heads Spinning ," via Sarah Needleman and Daniel Barbarisi at the WSJ.
Bobblehead management has become something of an issue with popular teams. In April, the Dodgers issued a rule limiting the number of bobbleheads given away at games to one per ticket holder to deter hoarders—and to help ensure that the fans actually stick around for the action.
- Per a Dodgers press release, "Dodgers name Zach Lee and Scott Schebler as the Branch Rickey Minor League Pitcher and Player of the Year".
- Dodger Penguin snagged an autograph of team President Stan Kasten on a Baseball.
- I count this as good news. "Dodgers not interested in Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano: source," via Mark Feinsand at the NY Daily News.
According to a high-ranking National League executive with knowledge of the situation, the Dodgers have no intention to bid on Cano this winter, leaving the second baseman without one of the sport’s richest teams in the sweepstakes for his services.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *