Dodger players getting prepared for last nights game - the mile high stretch. BTW, the Dodgers are off tonight. Their magic number sits at 12. Pic above via @Dodgers on twitter.
- "M. Ellis and wife helping make baseball safer," via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com.
- "Report: Dodger Stadium has nearly $4 million worth of liens against it," via Mike Oz at Big League Stew. This sounds like a case of irrational screaming by the best gossip hounds in the business (TMZ) for the sake of getting hits. I'm not worried about the Dodger finances, and I suspect this issue is just a little disagreement between the team and some contractors on the final bill.
- "Koufax on "Mister Ed," Big D with Greg Brady, and Hollywood's Love Affair with the Dodgers," via Howard Cole at LA Weekly. He put together a great list of vintage Dodger players who have appeared on television. It's a mighty long list.
- Hyun-Jin Ryu's next start has been pushed back. Via @Dodgers & @KenGurnick on twitter:
Chris Capuano will start on Friday. RT @kengurnick: Ryu has a middle back stiffness after last start.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) September 4, 2013
- Take a listen to Joe McDonnell's podcast with GM Ned Colletti, here.
- Gellman at Sports Cards Uncensored writes about the various Yasiel Puig autographed cards showing up on eBay.
- David Pinto at Baseball Musings explores the "Dodgers Turnaround".
In the second half, the hitters maintained their overall averages, while the pitchers simply shutdown the opposition with runners in scoring position. Due to their situational stats, the Dodgers looked worse through June 21st than their talent level, and they’ve looked better than their talent level since. This has to be one of the greatest examples of luck turning around in a short time frame that I’ve seen.
- Here's a cat... awwww!
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *