The Dodgers took Game 1 of this playoff series. They face the Braves again this afternoon at 3PM. Pic above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2013.
- "Co-ace Greinke feeds off Dodgers' success: Righty goes 12-2 in final 19 starts after igniting club's historic 42-8 stretch," via Paul Casella at MLB.com.
"It's not just us two," Greinke said. "I feel like just the whole team has been pitching good. And when you watch other people do good, it makes it easier for you. You start to think that it's normal and not out of the ordinary to pitch that good."
- "Clayton Kershaw: Getting it done," via Daniel Bailey at Gammons Daily.
- Tony Jackson of Dodger Scribe has a bunch of postgame videos: Adrian Gonzalez, Clayton Kershaw, Don Mattingly, Kris Medlen, and Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez.
- JP Hoornstra also has a bunch of postgame videos available for viewing on Tout. Watch them here. It inclides Mark Ellis and AJ Ellis.
- "Braves' defense costly in Game 1 loss," via David Schoenfield at ESPN.
- "Puig is in their heads," via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA.
As you might expect, the Braves had advanced scouts following the Dodgers very closely over the course of the season and especially during the final three or four weeks of the season. These scouts were undoubtedly well aware that Yasiel Puig is very fast, but I honestly believe that they failed to realize just how fast he really is.
- "Clayton Kershaw, Don Mattingly on strikeouts, pitch counts," via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA.
"It's the postseason. You can kind of throw pitch counts out the window," Kershaw told Craig Sager on the TBS broadcast after the game. "This is what you get taken out early for earlier in the season, for games like this."
- "Hanley relishes first shot at postseason," via Alyson Footer at MLB.com.
"It's on another level," he said. "The energy from the first pitch, every pitch counts. Every pitch, It's an unbelievable feeling."
- Not that I consider him the authority on the issue. "Magic says Dodgers won't pursue free agent Cano," via Bob Nightengale at USA Today.
"I can't talk about the other guy,'' Johnson said, "but you already know that guy in New York is going to be paid. Not by us. But he's going to get paid.''
- "Should Scott Van Slyke start Game 2 over Skip Schumaker?" Asks Chad Moriyama.
- Just in case you cared, Dusty Baker has been fired as the Reds manager, via David Brown at Big League Stew.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *