I came across this great vintage original Type I photo taken by former Dodgers team photographer Barney Stein of Pee Wee Reese dining with Dodgers GM Larry MacPhail in 1942 on eBay.
- Via Tyler Emerick at MLB.com, "Seager not deterred by pressure of potential".
"I don't look at what other people are doing, because I can't control it," said Seager of where he was drafted. "I'm just trying to get better, especially here, because I believe that playing with better players makes you want to improve. So I'm not worried about anything else, I have no expectations coming here, I just want to see where I compare to everybody else's top guys and just have fun."
- FYI, The Rancho Cucamonga Quakes, the Dodgers High-A minor league club, will now air it's games on FOX Sports AM 1350 starting next season, via Mike Lindskog at MiLB.
- Via Joseph Werner at ESPN.com, "Comparing greatness: Kershaw vs. Koufax".
- Via the LA Kings, "Tickets To the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series Game At Dodger Stadium Go On Sale To The Public On Tuesday, November 19". As a Kings season ticket holder, I already have my tickets. I'll be sitting on the Top Deck. Sometime in the next few weeks they'll be unveiling their team jerseys. I desperately hope that the Kings wear those Dodger themed jersey's they wore last year. See what I mean here. They are the coolest looking jersey's I have ever seen.
- The Dodgers add another executive, via Keith Law on twitter.
The rich get richer - Roy Clark has left the Nationals for the Dodgers.
— keithlaw (@keithlaw) November 12, 2013
Craig Calcaterra at Hardball Talk tells us more about Roy Clark.
He joined the Braves when they were a laughingstock in the late 80s and helped build arguably the best pipeline of talent in all of baseball over the course of 20 years. When he joined the Nationals at the end of the 2009 season they were thought of as a laughingstock too. They are no longer.
- The 2013 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects set officially releases today. Check out this pic of the Yasiel Puig rookie card available in it, on the right. Pic via @Toppscards on twitter.
- So, a 10-year old child was denied Halloween candy by a neighbor who disliked her Dodger uniform costume. Say it ain't so. Via Monica Rosales at the Sonoma News, "When grownups bully over baseball". I get that this really sucks for the kid, but I don't know if I'd say it's bullying (like the kind that truly ruins people). I think that's a stretch. It certainly lacks neighborliness. (Hat Tip: Jonathan Garza at WCB Sports)
- Via Christopher Jackson at Examiner.com, the Dodgers signed a veteran minor league catcher - JC Boscan.
- Congrats, Clint Hurdle! He won the NL Manager of the Year Award, yesterday. Don Mattingly came in 2nd, with 2 - 1st place votes. Via BBWAA.
- "Mattingly says talks on a contract extension are “going good”, via Tony Jackson at Dodger Scribe.
- As I've said many times, just ignore all of the supposed rumors you are hearing. They are like a meal that taste worse with every bite. On today's plate is FoxSports Jon Morosi with a side of Mariners and Matt Kemp.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *