AJ Ellis is making friends in Australia. Pic via @Dodgers on twitter.
- Here's a rumor that I can get behind. Via Jason McIntyre at USA Today, "Los Angeles Dodgers Trying to Steal ESPN’s Orel Hershiser For New TV Network". (Hat Tip: Dodgers Nation)
- Topps 2013 Heritage High Numbers box set officially go on sale (online only) today. Go here to place an order for the 100 card set and one random autographed card. The Yasiel Puig card is on the right.
- Via Joe Jareck at MLB.com, "Ellis playing Dodgers' ambassador in Sydney".
"It's just an honor to be chosen to represent the Dodgers and talk about the upcoming games and be a small part of this once-in-a-lifetime event," said Ellis. "I was fortunate enough to travel with the club to Beijing in 2008, but these games actually count. Sitting next to Patrick (Corbin) and talking about meaningful games with our divisional rival is really getting the competitive juices going."
- Via Ken Rosenthal at FoxSports, "Dodgers' Kemp doesn't want trade but accepts it's possible".
“Nobody wants to have their name thrown around with all the different teams,” (Dave) Stewart (Kemp's agent) said. “In our conversations, what we’ve come to is that if it does happen, the only thing we can hope for is that he goes to a team with an opportunity to win. That’s first and foremost, if it does happen.
- The Dodgers lose reliever Shawn Tolleson to the Rangers on a waiver claim, via @MLBRosterMoves on twitter. He was injured for most of 2013. Still, the fact that he was left unprotected is a huge surprise. I had thought he would be an effective arm out of the pen, someday. The Dodgers must not feel good about how he is healing.
- Emma at Dodger Blue World notes that former Brooklyn Dodgers Rod Miller passed away earlier this month. Here is an obituary. RIP, Rod Miller.
- Via Steven Choi at Arirang News, "Ryu Hyun-jin Baseball Field to be erected in Incheon".
- In preparation for the Rule 5 Draft, the Dodgers added 3 players to their 40-man roster, via a tweet from the Dodgers. This is a major stepping stone for these young players. It often means that they are likely to be called up to LA at some point soon.
#Dodgers today selected the contracts of pitchers Pedro Baez, Yimi Garcia and Jarret Martin -- adding the three to the club’s 40-man roster.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) November 21, 2013
- For those interested, the Professional Baseball Scout Foundation dinner will be in Los Angeles in January. Go here for details.
- Via John Thorn at Our Game, "Some Baseball Tricks: The Unfair Means by Which Some Games Were Won in the 1860s".
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *