The Dodgers hosted more than 300 children from the community surrounding Dodger Stadium at the Children’s Holiday Party yesterday. Pic via Jon ShooHoo/LA Dodgers 2013. Adrian Gonzalez and Al Ferrera are featured in the photo above. See more pics here.
- Finally, some clarity. Hopefully this stops the rumor mongering. Via Jayson Stark at ESPN.com, "Dodgers not planning Kemp trade".
"I just met with them," (Dave) Stewart told ESPN.com on Wednesday afternoon. "They said they have no plans to move him -- bottom line."
- Dustin Nosler at Fellin' Kinda Blue provides a Day 3 roundup from the Winter Meetings.
- Check out this ESPN video with Mark Saxon talking about the Matt Kemp situation and the Dodgers possibly still being in the pursuit of Japanese pitcher Masahiro Tanaka.
- Via Steve Adams at MLB Trade Rumors, "Dodgers Acquire Seth Rosin" in a minor trade with the Mets.
Rosin, 25, posted a 4.33 ERA with 6.8 K/9 and 2.5 BB/9 in 126 2/3 innings for the Phillies' Double-A affiliate in 2013. The Giants selected Rosin in the fourth round of the 2010 draft out of the University of Minnesota and traded him to the Phillies along with Nate Schierholtz and Tommy Joseph in the Hunter Pence deal of July 2012. Schierholtz was non-tendered after the 2012 season and signed with the Cubs, leaving Joseph as the last remaining piece of that deal. Of course, Rosin is no guarantee to stick with the Dodgers and could ultimately be returned to the Phillies.
- Former Dodger Edinson Volquez has signed a 1-year deal with the Pirates, via Ken Rosenthal on twitter.
Sources: #Pirates, free-agent RHP Edinson Volquez in agreement on one-year, $5M contract, pending physical.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 11, 2013
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPN, "Don Mattingly questions Cardinals". Did St. Louis steal signs?
"We felt like we had to be sure we kept an eye on their first-base coach and their third-base coach," Mattingly said. "They're the ones with the easiest way to steal signs. Josie's a guy, at third, who's always looking for my signs from our dugout."
- This is what's happening at the Winter Meetings, via a tweet by Bill Shaikin.
Colletti said #Dodgers met with "far more agents than teams" at winter meetings. No deals expected before leaving tomorrow.
— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) December 12, 2013
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *