This past Saturday was the 11th annual “In the Spirit of the Game” fundraiser for the Professional Baseball Scouts Foundation. Check out a pic of Hank Aaron and Tommy Lasorda from that event, photo via Juan Ocampo/LA Dodgers. Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider has some details about it, here.
- A new Dodger blog called Dodgers Digest is now live. Go here to check it out.
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider shares his, "Dodger tickets through the years".
- Via Harold Uhlman at Think Blue LA, "Meet new Loons manager Bill Haselman".
- Via Matt Snyder at CBS Sports, "VIDEO: Joe Ferguson with perhaps the best World Series throw ever". He had quite a rifle!
- Current Colorado Major Leaguer Michael Cuddyer has taken some incredible photos of Dodger Stadium. He shares many of them on his Flickr account, here. You gotta check them out. Photography might be his second calling; after he decides to hang them up. (Hat Tip: Reddit: phuckduck)
- Lyle Spencer at MLB.com, "King's enduring messages delivered at Academy (in Compton)".
"I'm trying to teach these kids how to handle adversity and deal with any situation in life," said Landreaux, a World Series champion in 1981 with his hometown Dodgers. "Through baseball and the importance of learning the fundamentals, they can learn the discipline to become educated, to be good, productive citizens. That's what we're striving for here."
- Evan Bladh at Opinion of Kingman's Performance writes about, "Jackie Robinson and Martin Luther King Jr." and how interconnected they really were.
- Harold Uhlman at Think Blue LA writes about the Cape Code League in Alaska.
- Jon Rosen at Kings Insider updates us on the outdoor ice rink at Dodger Stadium. Don't fret folks. The temperature for game time is expected to be perfect for game play. Pic below via Jon Rosen.
Though we can’t say the same about another arctic blast of air that is about to descend upon the northern United States, the temperatures for Saturday’s Stadium Series game should be ideal. Next Saturday’s high is currently targeted at 79 degrees Fahrenheit, with a low of 47. Those temperatures would nearly replicate today’s weather. The high at Dodger Stadium today was 80 degrees, with an expected low of 47.
Though the game is scheduled for 6:30, the pomp and circumstance surrounding the event will delay the puck drop to 7:15. By that time, the outside air should cool to roughly 61 or 62 degrees, as determined through today’s hourly weather forecast. It is 65 degrees inside Staples Center during Kings games, a temperature that drops closer to the ice.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *