Maury Wills and the Dodgers visited Operation Gratitude yesterday as a part of the Community Caravan. He along with several other Dodgers assisted in assembling care packages to be sent to US troops overseas. The pic above is via @Dodgers Juan Ocampo/LA Dodgers on twitter. The photo below came from the Operation Gratitude's twitter. Go here to find out more about Operation Gratitude.
- Dodger Low-Down has the story about a young Dodger fan in northern territory who was bullied by some orange colored Baseball fans for wearing Blue on Halloween. Well, the Dodgers recently responded by sending her a care package of goodness. Check out the story here.
- Stuart Wallace at Beyond the Boxscore writes, "First and worst: Split-finger and cut fastballs of 2013". Kenley Jansen is regarded as having the best cutter for a right-hander in Baseball.
- Via JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers, "Michael Young will retire rather than return to Dodgers". I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign a 1-day contract with Texas just to retire as a Ranger (GM Jon Daniels has already indicated a desire to do this).
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Dodgers get good news from pitching minicamp: Billingsley could be ahead of schedule in rehab; young arms impressive".
- Listen to Kevin Kennedy and David Vassegh talk with Ned Colletti on Wednesday's Dodger Talk.
- Via Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider, "Paco Rodriguez’s inspirational delivery". It has been reported that Mark Mulder's return to Baseball was as a result of watching Paco pitch.
“Out of everybody who plays baseball, he’s looking at my mechanics, and I think it’s an amazing honor just to be in talks with him,” Rodriguez said. “I can’t wait till Spring Training. Hopefully I’ll get to sit down and just talk about it, talk about baseball and his experiences — good and bad.
- The Dodgers officially announced their digital ticket system for season ticket holders last night; strangely after I wrote a short blog post slightly lambasting it. Ken Gurnick at MLB.com has more info about the change. I still think it sucks, and if given the option I would want paper tickets. Also, I understand the Angels tried this a couple of years on a volunteer basis, and no fan opted for it- none!
- Ryan G at Chaos and Kanji writes, "A Japan Women's Baseball League Primer - My First Game in Sendai". If you can't tell, I really love this blog. And, how can you not? I love Ryan G's photos featuring Baseball in Japan. Here is today's post of his visit to Tokyo Dome to watch the Giants play.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *