Check out a pic of the new 2014 Dodgers batting practice jersey above, via Josh Tucker at Dodger Insider. It pays homage to the BP jersey's the Dodgers wore from 1995 to 2002.
- Peter Gammons wonders if the Dodgers will retire #31, Mike Piazza's number.
- The Dodgers now have up their Fan Bobblehead Vote mechanism. Go here to check it out. There are four choices; Juan Uribe, Brian Wilson, AJ Ellis and Carl Crawford. Sadly, longtime organist Nancy Bea Hefley is left out. Boo!
- Chris Olds at Beckett shares some preview pics from 2014 Topps Chrome that will come out in late August 2014. See a Puig and Jackie cards below.
- Alexander Guerrero is still delayed, via a tweet from Eric Stephen.
Ned Colletti said he is still waiting on visa paperwork for Alexander Guerrero to come to U.S.
— Eric Stephen (@truebluela) January 8, 2014
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, Ned Colletti on Yasiel Puig: ‘There are boundaries you’ve got to stay in’
“It’s a very interesting dynamic,” Colletti said. “I see a lot of different sides to it. I don’t condone what he’s done. I don’t know if it’s ironic, but it’s interesting to me that since the offseason began, he’s spent a lot of time in L.A., and he’s really spent a lot of time with kids. … He’s setting this great example and doing stuff I don’t see many big-league players do within the community. At the same time, there are boundaries you’ve got to stay in. Whether it’s how you drive or other things in your life, it’s part of growing up. That’s part of being responsible. That’s a key thing for us, and a key thing for him.”
- Jon then shares more from Ned Colletti's from his press conference yesterday.
- Via Cary Osborne at Dodgers Insider, "Joc Pederson on deck".
- Via Josh Jackson at MiLB.com, "Notes and quotes from around camp". He has a great roundup of the days activities from teh Dodgers Development Camp.
- Via Austin Laymance at MLB.com, "Kemp among injured Dodgers on the mend".
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPN, "Dodgers pursuit of Masahiro Tanaka advances (slowly)". In fact, per Joey Nowak at MLB.com, Tanaka has just arrived in America to meet with clubs.
- On twitter, Paul LoDuca on Tom Glavine's enshrinement into the Hall of Fame.
Congrats to @Tom_Glavine for his HOF selection. Honor to catch his 300th win...honor to be his teammate and friend.
— Paul Lo Duca (@paulloduca16) January 8, 2014
- This might be the best story I've read so far on the greatness of Greg Maddux, via Thomas Boswell at the Washington Post.
Then he explained that I couldn’t tell his pitches apart because his goal was late quick break, not big impressive break. The bigger the break, the sooner the ball must start to swerve and the more milliseconds the hitter has to react; the later the break, the less reaction time. Deny the batter as much information — speed or type of last-instant deviation — until it is almost too late.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *