Check out some Dodgers' pitchers warming up, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- Mark Langill at Dodger Insider writes, "Becoming Red Barber: How the first voice of the Dodgers began his career".
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider tells us that Larry King will host his own Dodger show on SportsNet LA called "Larry King At Bat".
- Mark Monninger, better known to Dodger fans as the Rally Bear, took his act to the Sochi Olympics. I kid you not. Via Shawn Anderson at the Hall of Very Good.
- MLB.com has up some brand new interactive browser themes available for download. Go here to check them out.
- Tom Hoffarth at Farther Off the Wall provides a complete look at the Dodgers Spring radio schedule. Then, Tom writes for the LA Daily News to provide some answers about why you might not have SportsNet LA yet.
- Mike Petriello at Dodgers Digest provides some insight by writing, "This Is How Dee Gordon Apparently Ruined His 2013 Season".
- Adam Poulisse at the Pasadena Star-News writes, "The Theory and Practice of Moneyball at Caltech takes a new look at sports analysis".
“I’ve spent a lot of time with students interested in the business of sports, which is no different than the business of business,” said Fred Claire, co-instructor of the class and former general manager of the Dodgers. “Some people have a passion for sports, and this is a way to stay involved.”
- Panini America shares some preview images from their newest Baseball card called 2014 Donruss. That's right collectors, Donruss is back! Check out some of the cards on the right from a pack they just opened; including a couple of Kemp's. BTW, this set officially goes live today.
- Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com shares a recent interview he had with AJ Ellis.
Q. What did you think, specifically, about Zack’s comment about having “zero excitement” for going to pitch in Australia?
A. I love how Zack is himself. I love how Zack is very honest. When I get off an airplane in a city and I’m looking for somebody to have a meal with, I’m looking for Zack because it’s going to be a great conversation, he’s going to tell you exactly how it feels and it’s going to be a great time.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "The time Steve Yeager stole home".
- Whaaa...? Via Kashmira Gander at The Independent, a Northern California couple found 1,427 mint uncirculated vintage gold coins buried on their property. The approximate value is $10Mil. Below is a pic of one of the canisters they found.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *