Both Davey Lopes and Mark McGwire look on during yesterdays Spring contest against the Diamondbacks, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014. Go here to see more pics from him.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Guerrero gets first game in US under his belt".
"He looked better at the plate his second at-bat," manager Don Mattingly said of Guerrero, who sat out last year before leaving Cuba. "It's his first Spring Training game. We're actually not judging off one game or two at-bats. I'm happy with what I saw.
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Dodgers ponder making Chris Reed a reliever".
- Wow! Roberto Baly at Vin Scully is My Homboy tells us that AJ Ellis is now an official spokesman for Game On Jerky. Check out the jerky website here. Bacon, Baby! And, with Sriracha!
- Daniel Brim at Dodgers Digest writes, "The Recent History of Dodgers Spring Pitching".
- Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA wonders, "Was Kershaw sending a message to Miguel Montero?"
- Via John Thorn at Our Game, "Our Baseball Presidents". Thorn is always a great read; especially if you are interested in the history of the game.
- Night Owl Cards writes about the wonder of those little cartoons that used to show up on the backside of Baseball cards. I, too, am disappointed that cards no longer have these.
- MLB had issued the following statement in relation to Arizona Senate Bill 1062. The Arizona governor vetoed the bill last night.
"As the sport of Jackie Robinson, Major League Baseball and its 30 Clubs stand united behind the principles of respect, inclusion and acceptance. Those values are fundamental to our game's diverse players, employees and fans. We welcome individuals of different sexual orientations, races, religions, genders and national origins.
"MLB has a zero-tolerance policy for harassment or discrimination based on sexual orientation, as reflected by our collective bargaining agreement with the MLB Players Association. Accordingly, MLB will neither support nor tolerate any words, attitudes or actions that imperil the inclusive communities that we have strived to foster within our game."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *