Throughout Spring Training the Dodgers PR department sends out helpful daily notes from Camelback Ranch, and I am happy to pass them along. See what they've written below.
|(Vizcaino,Wills,Bundy, Castro, Davis and Stubbs, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014)|
THE BEAT GOES ON: The Dodgers completed their eighth full-squad workout today with the club’s Cactus League opener only five days away! Los Angeles will kick off its 25-game exhibition slate on Wednesday against the D-backs at Salt River Fields at Talking Stick.
- Dan Haren, Kenley Jansen, Brian Wilson, J.P. Howell, Chris Perez, Hyun-Jin Ryu and Chris Reed threw normal bullpens today, while Clayton Kershaw, Javy Guerra, Seth Rosin, Jose Dominguez, Ross Stripling, Daniel Moskos and Sam Demel faced live hitters during simulated innings.
- Matt Kemp got a few extra swings in today and faced live pitching on the minor league side.
- Yasiel Puig was held out of on-field action again today, instead working out in the batting cage and the weight room, after fouling a ball off his right leg on Wednesday. He is expected to be a regular participant in tomorrow’s workout.
|(Kershaw and AJ Ellis during similated game, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014)|
A-OK: Earlier today, Hall of Famer Sandy Koufax was struck by a foul ball off the bat of Andre Ethier during live BP as he watched the action in one of the bullpens down the left field line of Field 1. Koufax was joking about the incident a few minutes later and emerged with only a small cut on his forehead. As a precaution, he was taken to a local hospital for a CT scan, which came back negative.
|(Sandy Koufax, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014)|
“THE KID”: Tomorrow, the City of Fullerton will honor Baseball Hall of Famer and former Dodger Gary Carter by dedicating Field No. 2 at Fullerton Sports Complex in his name. The ceremony will begin at 11:00 a.m. at Fullerton Sports Complex at 560 E. Silver Pine St. and will be attended by Carter’s wife, Sandy, brother, Gordon, and other family members. Carter grew up in Fullerton and played 19 Major League seasons, including the 1991 campaign with the Dodgers, before his election to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 2003. Carter passed away on Feb. 16, 2012 at the age of 57.
THE GAMES BEHIND THE GAMES: The Dodgers will play two intra-squad games on Sunday, Feb. 23 and Monday, Feb. 24 on Field 1 at Camelback Ranch - Glendale. Pitchers scheduled to throw on Sunday include Matt Magill, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Chris Perez, Brian Wilson, Kenley Jansen and J.P. Howell. On Monday, Stephen Fife, Dan Haren, Chris Reed, Paco Rodriguez and Jamey Wright each will pitch.
|(Koufax and Jansen, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014)|
ALL DODGERS, ALL THE TIME: We’re just four days away from the launch of SportsNet LA on February 25, the new 24-hour-a-day network of the Dodgers. SNLA will televise all of this year’s Dodger Cactus League games, with the exception of two split-squad games, giving fans more Spring Training coverage than ever before. In addition to airing games during Spring Training, SportsNet LA will also air a nightly show, “Access SportsNet: Dodgers,” at 7:00 p.m. PT.
- The network has announced its full launch night programming schedule, led by the live studio show “Access SportsNet: Dodgers,” the inaugural episode of “Backstage: Dodgers,” back-to-back “Connected With…” interview shows featuring Clayton Kershaw and Don Mattingly and a one-hour retrospective special about last year’s season.
- SNLA’s programming lineup will include shows “Backstage: Dodgers,” “Access SportsNet: Dodgers,” “Leadoff LA,” “Dodgers Clubhouse,” “Connected With,” “Talkin’ Blue,” “Dodgermentary,” “Timeless Dodgers” and “Dodgers Squeeze Play,” all set to air starting Feb. 25. For more information, please visit www.ineedmydodgers.com.
|(pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014)|
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *