Monday, February 24, 2014
Looking at the 1990 Dodgers Unocal Pin Set
Following up on my posts from the past couple of weeks featuring pinbacks from the Dodgers Unocal pin set, I now share with you the pins from the 1990 set.
Go here to check out my previous post on these sets
The 1990 Dodgers' pin set celebrates the 100 year anniversary of the Dodgers in the National League.
- One hundred years of great moments and great memories are commemorated in the official logo for the Dodgers' Centennial Celebration in the National League
1st Game in NL 1890
- The Dodgers' first National League game was played on April 19,1890, versus the Boston Beaneaters. Final score: Boston 15, Dodgers 9.
World Series Titles
- The Dodgers have won six World Series Titles: 1955 vs. Yankees, 1959 vs. White Sox, 1963 vs. Yankees, 1965 vs. Twins, 1981 vs. Yankees, 1988 vs. A;s.
- #1 Pee Wee Reese, #4 Duke Snider, #19 Jim Gilliam, #24 Walter Alston, #32 Sandy Koufax, #39 Roy Campanella, #42 Jackie Robinson, #53 Don Drysdale.
1st Game in LA
- The Dodgers played their first game in Los Angeles on April18, 1958, versus the San Francisco Giants in the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Final score Dodgers 6, Giants 5.
- NL Pennants - The Dodgers winning tradition includes twenty-one pennants in their one-hundred year history: 1890, 1899, 1900, 1916, 1920, 1941, 1947, 1949, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1963, 1965, 1966, 1974, 1977, 1978, 1981, 1988.
* Please follow on
Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook
Dodgers Blue Heaven
home page *
2/24/2014 10:00:00 AM
Dodgers Pin Sets
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)