Throughout Spring Training the Dodgers PR department sends out helpful daily notes from Camelback Ranch, and I am happy to pass them along. See what they've written below.
|(When Puig took over Jon SooHoo's camera, via Yasiel Puig/LA Dodgers 2014)|
CASE OF THE MONDAYS: The Dodgers completed their 11th full-squad workout today with the club’s Cactus League opener just two days away! Los Angeles will kick off its 25-game exhibition slate on Wednesday against the D-backs at Salt River Fields at Talking Stick. Reigning Cy Young Award-winner Clayton Kershaw will make his first Cactus League start for the Dodgers.
- Zack Greinke, Chris Withrow, Pedro Baez, Jarret Martin, Red Patterson, Carlos Frias and Zack Lee all tossed normal bullpens sessions this morning.
- Don Mattingly announced today that following Kershaw’s start on Wednesday, pitchers Zack Greinke, Hyun-Jin Ryu and Dan Haren will take the mound in order for games on Thursday through Saturday.
|(An intra-squad win, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014)|
DON’T BEAT YOURSELF UP: After a 3-1 win by “Team Wills” over “Team Koufax” yesterday, the Dodgers played to a 0-0 tie in the three-inning finale of a two-game intra-squad series today. The contest was highlighted by a quartet of pitchers, as Dan Haren (2.0 IP), Paco Rodriguez (1.0 IP), Chris Reed (2.0 IP) and Jamey Wright (1.0 IP) all tossed scoreless baseball. Each team was held to just two hits on the day with Adrian Gonzalez and Nick Buss notching hits for “Team Wills,” while Joc Pederson and J.C. Boscan (2B) recorded the only hits for “Team Koufax.”
WELCOME TO THE RANCH: Among familiar faces to show up to camp for the first time were broadcasters Jaime Jarrin and Rick Monday. Jarrin, a 1998 Hall of Fame inductee, will begin his 56th season in the radio booth for the Dodgers, while Monday embarks on his 22nd season as a Dodger broadcaster.
|(Adrian Gonzalez relaxing during intra-squad game, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014)|
ALL DODGERS, ALL THE TIME: The new 24-hour-a-day network of the Dodgers, SportsNet LA, will premier tomorrow at 7:00 p.m. PT with original programming. This spring, SNLA will televise all of this year’s Dodger Cactus League games, with the exception of two split-squad games, giving fans more Spring Training coverage than ever before.
- SportsNet LA will be available to Time Warner Cable’s customers in the Los Angeles area with Standard TV service or above in high definition (HD) on channel 431 and in standard definition (SD) on digital channel 249.
- The network has announced its full launch night programming schedule, led by the live studio show “Access SportsNet: Dodgers,” the inaugural episode of “Backstage: Dodgers,” back-to-back “Connected With…” interview shows featuring Clayton Kershaw and Don Mattingly and a one-hour retrospective special about last year’s season.
- SNLA’s programming lineup will include shows “Backstage: Dodgers,” “Access SportsNet: Dodgers,” “Leadoff LA,” “Dodgers Clubhouse,” “Connected With,” “Talkin’ Blue,” “Dodgermentary,” “Timeless Dodgers” and “Dodgers Squeeze Play,” all set to air starting Feb. 25. For more information, please visit www.ineedmydodgers.com.
- It has also just been announced that Bright House Networks in Bakersfield has also signed an agreement with TWC, via a tweet from Eric Stephen.
To sum up: SportsNet LA on Time Warner Cable (Ch. 431 in HD, 249 SD in LA area) & Bright House Networks in Bakersfield (Ch 21, 107; 1107 HD)
— Eric Stephen (@truebluela) February 24, 2014
BASEBALL THIS MORNING: The ESPN “Baseball Tonight” bus rolled into Camelback Ranch – Glendale early this morning for its annual spring trip. Karl Ravech, John Kruk and Tim Kurkjian were on hand as the show taped and went live near the Field 1 third base side. Don Mattingly and Clayton Kershaw each were interviewed for live segments on “SportsCenter” this morning.
PING-PONG RALLY’S ON: The Dodgers’ second annual double-elimination doubles ping-pong tournament continues in the Dodger clubhouse, as the semifinals for the winner’s bracket is set. On the winner’s side, Daniel Moskos and Chris Withrow will face Ross Stripling and Drew Butera. The loser of the semifinal match will face off against the winner of the two teams still alive in the loser’s bracket, defending champion Clayton Kershaw and teammate Chad Billingsley or Seth Rosin and Miguel Rojas, who face off in a loser-goes-home battle.
|(Yasiel Puig and Alexander Guerrero, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014)|
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *