Clayton Kershaw checked in at short stop yesterday. Hanley Ramirez told him to leave. Pic above via @Dodgers on twitter.
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA writes, "Dodgers catchers react to new MLB home plate collision rule". AJ Ellis:
"The one thing I hate about the rule is it takes away the game-changing or game-saving play. It's something we train for, we prepare for, and can be the difference between a win or a loss. It's similar to robbing a home run or turning a tough double play in the middle. Those are plays that are at risk for injury and I don't see those plays being taken away."
- BTW, SportsNet LA officially goes live tonight. For those with Time Warner cable here are the channels:
(graphic above via @alannarizzo on twitter)
- Dave Cameron at FanGraphs ranks, "The Best Transactions of the 2014 Off-Season". It includes the Dan Haren signing.
- Fangraphs also just released their 2014 ZiPS Projections and they show the Dodgers as favored to lead the league in wins.
- Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest writes a fun piece titled, "Dodgers’ preseason All-Prospect ‘Name’ team" Check it out.
- Erik Sherman at the Hall of Very Good writes, "Remembering Glenn Burke".
Burke's homosexuality was an open secret in big league circles by the time he was traded by the Los Angeles Dodgers to the Oakland A's in 1978 and contributed to his eventually getting blackballed from baseball. The man who invented the "high five," the player who led off the 1977 World Series, and the human being that suffered the indignation of losing his place on a big league roster because of his homosexuality, was out of baseball as he entered what would have been the prime of his career.
- Via Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times, "Dodgers may not start Clayton Kershaw in Sydney", but he will start the Dodger exhibition opener tomorrow (via Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times).
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Reed is opening eyes at Dodgers camp".
"Any time you go out and have success, it feels good," he said. "I was amped up. But I still have quite a few things to work on."
- Alex Markle at ProSportsExtra shares his Dodger Mt. Rushmore. I cannot disagree with his choices.
- The Courier Mail shares, "Nine reasons Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Zack Greinke will love Australia".
- Tom Bartsch Sports Collectors Digest writes about the, "Latest Jewish Major Leaguer Baseball Card Set Available March 15". Available at Jewishmajorleaguers.org.
The 2010 edition, the fifth update, was thought to be the last. However, popular demand, contributions and encouragement from supporters – and a whole new crop of players along with World Baseball Classic participation – has led to a new, 2014 edition, available now for preorder.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *