These three Kings. Congrats to Canada for winning the gold medal in hockey; especially to the 3 Kings on the team: Jeff Carter, team equipment manager Darren Granger (no, he did not get an actual medal) and Drew Doughty.
- Evan Bladh at Opinion of Kingman's Performance writes about, "The Best Kept Secret of Camelback Ranch". I agree with Evan. Watching the kids play in the backfields is something you should do.
- Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA shares a, "Dodger Stadium construction update (2-22-14)"
- Mark Langill at Dodger Insider tells us a bit about how Pistol Pete Reiser came to be a Dodger.
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com writes, "Will Tim Wallach's move affect strategy?"
Will the Dodgers’ bunt-heavy approach change now that Tim Wallach is the bench coach? The Dodgers’ front office clearly thought some change in the dugout decision-making chain was needed because it declined to renew the contract of Mattingly’s bench coach, Trey Hillman, and decided to move Wallach from the third-base coach’s box to the dugout. That was the only change in the coaching staff.
- Kenny Shulsen at Lasorda's Lair shares a little bit from his conversation with Ned Colletti.
For all of those out there who think the Dodgers spent too much signing Juan Uribe 3 years ago and then shouldn’t have invested a 2nd year in his contract this year he has a simple answer, “Who did he block then and who is he blocking now?”
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Greinke not fan of Australia games".
"I would say there is absolutely zero excitement for it," Greinke told ESPNLosAngeles.com. "There just isn't any excitement to it. I can't think of one reason to be excited for it."
- GCRL shares some Bob Lemke fantasy Baseball cards he just received. See one of them on the right.
- Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times notes that the newest Dodger, Erisbel Arruebarrena, is a boyhood friend of Yasiel Puig.
Puig and Arruebarrena met as 9-year-olds in Cienfuegos. They played together on various youth teams. Eventually, they became standouts on the Elefantes, their hometown club in Cuba's top baseball league.
"He was a good friend of mine," Puig said Saturday. "We were always together."
- Comedic hijinks continues between Kershaw and Ellis, via twitter:
- The Dodgers played an intra-squad game yesterday. JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers has some notes about the happening.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *