Throughout Spring Training the Dodgers PR department sends out helpful daily notes from Camelback Ranch, and I am happy to pass them along. See what they've written below.
|(Pat Corrales with some young Dodger catchers, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014)|
SUNDAY RITUAL: The Dodgers completed their 10th full-squad workout today with the club’s Cactus League opener just three days away! Los Angeles will kick off its 25-game exhibition slate on Wednesday against the D-backs at Salt River Fields at Talking Stick. Reigning Cy Young Award-winner Clayton Kershaw will make his first Cactus League start for the Dodgers.
- Clayton Kershaw, Seth Rosin, Ross Stripling, Sam Demel, Javy Guerra, Jose Dominguez and Daniel Moskos all tossed normal bullpens sessions this morning.
|(Andre Ethier, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014)|
AND THEN THERE WAS A GAME (KIND OF): The Dodgers played the first of two intra-squad games today in a contest that was marked by some first-inning fireworks with the bat. The first three batters from “Team Wills” all scored off “Team Koufax” starter Hyun-Jin Ryu as Dee Gordon belted a leadoff homer, Juan Uribe doubled and Hanley Ramirez smoked a two-run home run. Those runs would hold up as “Team Wills” won 3-1 in the four-inning contest. For the victors, Matt Magill allowed one run in 2.0 innings and was followed to the mound by Brian Wilson (1.0 IP, 2 K) and Chris Perez (1.0 IP), who both threw scoreless baseball. On the losing side, Ryu gave up three runs in 2.0 innings while Kenley Jansen and J.P. Howell each tossed a scoreless frame. Scott Van Slyke drove in the lone run for “Team Koufax,” plating Yasiel Puig with a single.
- Tomorrow morning, the boys are back for round 2 at 11:30 A.M., on Field 1 at Camelback Ranch - Glendale. Pitchers scheduled to throw tomorrow include Stephen Fife, Dan Haren, Chris Reed, Paco Rodriguez and Jamey Wright.
|(Paco Rodriguez, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014)|
BASEBALL THIS MORNING: Bright and early tomorrow morning, the ESPN “Baseball Tonight” bus rolls into Camelback Ranch – Glendale for its annual spring trip. Karl Ravech, John Kruk and Tim Kurkjian will be on hand as the show will tape and go live near the Field 1 third base side. Clayton Kershaw will be on the show live at 7:00 A.M. PT/8 A.M. MT.
THIS TIME IT COUNTS: In just 27 days, the Boys in Blue will take on the Arizona Diamondbacks in the first-ever regular season games in Australia. The trip to Sydney begins on March 16 when the club leaves Arizona after their game against the Rockies at Camelback Ranch – Glendale that afternoon. Today, a television crew from Eyewitness Ten News in Sydney shot b-roll and interviewed several Dodger players in the clubhouse, including Andre Ethier, Brian Wilson and Hanley Ramirez. Ramirez then donned an official National Rugby League jersey (South Sydney Rabbitohs) and flashed his trademark “I see you” pose for team photographer Jon SooHoo.
- Following their trip to Australia, the Dodgers will return to Los Angeles and play three exhibitions against the Angels in the Freeway Series before opening the “North American” portion of their schedule March 30 at San Diego on ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball.
|(pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014)|
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *