The Dodgers line up for the start of this mornings exhibition game against Team Australia, pic via Dodgers on tumblr. The team beat the Aussie's 4 to 2 on the back of Yasiel Puig, via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA. Check out two gif's below to see Puig's home run and his throw to the plate. Both gif's are via the Dodgers on tumblr. Unfortunately, Eric tells us that Adrian Gonzalez left the game early due to lower back tighness.
- Check out my contest to win a 12-pack case of Big League Chew bubble gum, here. All you have to do is make a post and "Like" Big League Chew on facebook. Go here to check out the contest.
- Andy Gray at Sports Illustrated shares an interview with Adrian Gonzalez.
Hot Clicks: Are there any players you’re mentoring now?
Adrian Gonzalez: I try and talk to all the young kids. Last year the organization put my locker next to Yasiel [Puig] for that reason and we have a good relationship. There’s a kid here in camp I really enjoy watching and talk to him about different things. His name is Joc Pederson and he’s a left handed hitter so it makes it easier for me to talk to him. But I always try and be there for the younger players and help them when I can.
- Dustin Nosler at Dodger Digest takes, "A brief look at the Dodgers’ Erisbel Arruebarrena in the cage".
- Topps 2014 Opening Day Baseball card set came out yesterday. Check out some preview pics from Topps on their facebook page, here. Below are cards of Yasiel Puig and Matt Kemp.
- Via Chris Ocotillo on twitter, the Dodgers have been fielding numerous calls for recently designated reliever Javy Guerra. The team has until March 25 to work out a deal, or he gets claimed for no compensation. I liked Guerra, and I believe he'll be effective in the bullpen for another team. No doubt, we haven't heard the last of him.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Blue grit: For Mattingly, toughness breeds success".
"You look at baseball and you don't think of the game in terms of toughness," said Mattingly, who got a three-year extension in January. "People think of football, hockey -- in this country, rugby. Baseball is more about mental toughness, getting ready to play day in and day out, with travel and getting into town late and all kinds of things. It's not easy to do."
- I actually think this is great! Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Dodgers are like movie bad guys in Australia".
In Thursday morning's Sydney Morning Herald, there is a rooting guide to the Opening Series. It said that, if the Dodgers lived in Australia, they "would spend most of their time sipping lattes at Bondi. The payroll at the Dodgers is US$245 million compared to $110 million for their rivals Arizona. If you like the idea of hanging with celebrities in Hollywood and strolling down Rodeo Drive, the Dodgers are your team."
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Signs point to Gordon leading off, starting at second".
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *