Here's an early peek at the Yasiel Puig bobblehead on the field of the Sydney Cricket Ground that the Dodgers are giving away on May 13th, pic via @Dodgers on twitter.
- Congrats, Carl Crawford. He has just had a baby boy. He weighed in at 8 lbs and is 21 inches long. Via Haley Longman at OK!
- Via Doug Miller at MLB.com writes, "Fans Down Under appreciate MLB experience".
- Then, Miller writes, "Even seasoned Scully is awed by Australia".
"Everybody talks about the long trip from Los Angeles to Sydney -- 14, 15 hours, whatever it is, and another 14 to 15 back -- but I will tell you this," Scully said, "it is well worth the trip.
"The people in Australia I find to be extremely warm, extremely friendly and gracious, so it makes the trip absolutely perfect. Add to that we had great weather, a sellout crowd to see the first game of the series, and all in all, a beautiful, wonderful week here in Australia."
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Puig's baserunning troubles resurface in Australia".
- I bet you never expected to ever read this headline. Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Adrian Gonzalez, MLB stolen base leader".
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Hyun-Jin Ryu in a familiar time zone".
"Opening a season in Korea is a fantastic idea," Ryu said through an interpreter. "I will make it my personal wish to do that."
- Mark then writes, "Mattingly is running out patience with Puig". I'm not sure what to think of this. Puig left Game 3 in the ninth inning.
"Shoulder yesterday, back today, so I'm not sure if they're going to get him tests or get him to the MRI Monday or a bone scan on Tuesday, maybe," Mattingly said sarcastically. "I'm not quite sure what we'll do. We may not do anything. I'm not sure."
- Via Mike Petriello at FanGraphs, "A.J. Ellis And Learning To Improve Pitch Framing".
“There’s definitely some accuracy to that,” Ellis said. “I’ve always struggled with catching the low pitch, and it’s something that’s been a focus for me. If I can steal a strike for my pitching staff, that’s always going to be important, and it’s not even really stealing a strike, it’s keeping a strike a strike. I’m really good on the corners, I’m good at the top of the zone, but I have a hard time on the bottom, so we’ve really worked hard this spring on trying to get better.”
- According to Brad Johnson at FanGraphs, the Dodgers have the best right-fielder int he game - Yasiel Puig.
- Zach Hample is in Australia, and he shares a look at some Australian Opening Series commemorative Baseballs.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *